Monday, September 9, 2013

Hell Without You

I have been reading books by Renae Rose this past month and I have discovered a new to me author. The book club that I belong to here in Knoxville had one of her books on our list for this month and I liked it so I read another. So when she asked for ARC readers I jumped at the opportunity. I was very happy I did. The booked is called "Hell Without You" and it was soooo good. It has come out this week and I recommend you pick it up.

I love the cover and that alone would have made me pick this book up.

Blurb:

Time changes everything, except what’s meant to be.

Seven years is a long time – long enough to transform Clementine from a small-town teenager with a broken heart into a woman ready to take on the world, but not long enough to make her forget about the man she was never supposed to see again. A temporary return to tiny Willow Heights thrusts her back into Donovan’s life and home, unearthing heartbreak and obsession that have stood the test of time.

He left seven years ago too, for war and other things Clementine can only imagine. Coming back to the town where he grew up in the shadow of poverty and drug addiction makes no sense, and neither do Clementine’s feelings for him. He could never forgive her for leaving, could he? Even if she had no choice.

Now, she has the freedom to choose … and so does he. Every day in Willow Heights makes it clearer: all he ever really wanted was her, and nothing will change that. Not even a taste of the hell that drove them apart in the first place


Review:

When Clementine and Donovan were young they were in love with each other. When an unspeakable event happens to Clementine, Donovan takes action and in order for Donovan to stay out of trouble Clementine leaves Willow Heights and Donovan behind. She goes to college and he joins the Marines and goes to Afghanistan. Seven years later Clementine ends up back in her hometown and reconnects with Donovan. Even after seven years he is still in love with her and never forgot their love for one another.As they start getting to know each other in the present the past is catching up with them.

I really enjoyed this book. I thought that the characters were very well developed and believable. Ranae really goes into detail with her characters and the situations they find themselves in. Must say she really knows how to write an excellent "love" scene. "Hell Without You" is a stand alone contemporary romance. I hope you enjoy the story and characters as much as I did.

1 comment: