Saturday, June 8, 2013

Wish You Were Here by Amanda McIntyre

It is that time of year when the weather is telling us that it is time to get outside and have some fun. If it is by the pool , at the lake. If you are like me I love to read outside on a pretty day. I have found just the novella to start the summer season off right.Wish You Were Here by Amanda McIntyre. This is a novella so it will not take very long to read. I was so wrapped up in it I finished it in about an hour and a half.

Wish You Were Here by Amanda McIntyre is one of those great summertime reads. Maggie and Josh have been friends since childhood. Maggie saved Josh from a vicious dog and their friendship was born. Throughout High School their relationship had to be a secret with Josh being the captain of the football team and Maggie being the nerdy brain. Years later Maggie has been dumped by her fiancé and calls Josh to let him know. Josh is in the process of getting his own wedding together with his fiancée Justine. Justine feels that Josh still has feelings for Maggie and tells him to go to her and find out for himself if they are real. Josh goes to Maggie in the Florida Keys and .... find out for yourself by reading Wish You Were Here. I so enjoy reading a short story especially in the summertime. Sitting on the deck , by the river this is a really fun and fast read. Amanda is coming out with more and I can't wait.

Let me know what kinds of books you enjoy reading by the pool. I will select one commenter to receive a digital copy of Wish You Were Here from Amazon.




8 comments:

  1. Hey I just wanted to stop by and say thank you ! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review!!! Looking forward to reading it myself! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love short stories. I can get lost for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stopped by to say that I loved Amanda short summer read. I got hooked the moment I started reading it, I found it refreshing! nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good. I need to get this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The story sounds very interesting. Whether I win or not I'll add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The winner by brown paper bag drawing is.....Mila A.Ballentine!!!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete